A Mom's blog about wellness, self-growth, natural living, following passions, spirituality, working from home and family travel. Reviews too!

Friday

"As parents, we guide by our unspoken example. It is only when we're talking to them that our kids aren't listening.~"Robert Brault
Oh,wise wise wise! I LOVE this and as the Universe works, it comes at the PERFECT time.
As the Mom of 3 kids, turning 10, 8 and 4 this summer, the older 2 are at an age where they , as us Moms seem to say often " just don't listen".
Ha! Really they DO hear me, it only sounds like the teacher in the Charlie Brown cartoons- Bwah bwah bwah bwah bwah
So here I am, feeling bad for yelling again at them. Feeling as if NOTHING I say will teach them and then it dawns on me-BINGO! EXACTLY! Nothing I SAY will teach them (not at this age anyway) but the things I DO just may set a roaring- soaring -flaming crazy good example.
The way I act, the way I react, the way I love, the way I show affection, redirection,attention, the way I FEEL and revel in new experiences, the way I treat the world, and accept the gifts of friendship and joy and laughter, the way I walk in nature, or soak up a new experience.....it is all of this, that I can do silently and set an example for the 3 most beautiful beings I have ever met that I am privileged to know. It is really I who learns from them-my greatest teachers. If you have children, you know exactly what I mean. It is from them, that we truly understand who we are and we learn true love and acceptance and what gratefulness and appreciation really mean.

No comments: