A Mom's blog about wellness, self-growth, natural living, following passions, spirituality, working from home and family travel. Reviews too! Life's about having fun, learning, exploring and laughing. Thanks for visiting

Friday

Maybe Christmas means a little bit more

"Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before.
What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store.
What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”


Oh, that wise wise Dr. Seuss

Though I DO get my kids some pretty nice Christmas presents , I'm not one to spend major money and spoil the crap out of them either.

I try to instill that Christms is not about just gifts. It's about sharing JOY and time and laughs with our families. Isn't it really?

It's about warmth and comfort and love and peace and the celebration of a certain birth.

We drive around and ooh and aah at all the houses with Christmas lights, especially those talented men who synchronize their lights to music!

We drink Hot Cocoa by the fire and decorate our tree.

We watch Christmas shows I have been watching for my whole life that still make me smile.

We bake cookies and stay up late cuddled in my bed reading.

We laugh. We visit with family and friends.
We fill our home with love. We savor the moments.

We remember how blessed we are.

I hope you all take the time to SAVOR the SEASON and to make wonderful family memories together!
How do you celebrate Christmas season with your family?


No comments: