A Mom's blog about wellness, self-growth, natural living, following passions, spirituality, working from home and family travel. Reviews too!

Saturday

It always will find you..like it found me. ALWAYS

Whatever your passion.... whatever you have spent years doing for NO money( and often with a lot of blood , sweat and tears)  will ALWAYS creep up on you and , in the end,  it will reward you.

For me, I've been writing as long as I can remember.

Teachers used to tell me to be a writer.

College professors wept openly when I dropped out ( OK, I made up that part, but one did call me asking why I dropped out)

I wrote on the college women's magazine.
I wrote songs for a local band.
I wrote and submitted dozens of greeting cards for years  (to no avail)
I blog and blog and barely know if anyone is reading my blog ( comments anyone?)

But somehow recently, a shift happened and  I took that big step and submitted an article to a website.
They accepted it and I get paid.  So I submitted another.  And another. And lo and behold ( do people ever still say "lo and behold"?), they accepted more.

Then somehow( my memory eludes me) I found a local Long Island Mom's site and submitted to them and now I am a contributing ( paid) writer! Doing reviews of local towns and beaches and family activities is fun for me and seeing my name online is exciting . I now am looking into 3 other sites too.

So, what is YOUR passion? Do you paint, build, garden or decorate? What can you not go 3 days without doing or thinking about?

Why not sit back and OPEN yourself to opportunities and let them flow in? Don't turn it away, saying YEAH YEAH, I know, but I don't have time...yada yada....we all have the same 24 hours...heck, somehow I am MANAGING to work from home writing, work in network marketing with Visalus and to raise 3 kids on my own- 100%!!!

I have no clue how, but it does happen. I do it. And I go to bed each night pretty tired but thankful.

So my floors may be a bit dirty, my pool  3 shades of green, my laundry in piles... but I am finding time daily both for ME and for my KIDS so I must be doing something right!

And I hope your passion sneaks up on you again....even if you neatly tucked it away for a while...and maybe it'll even scare the crap out of you, but it'll also give you that deep down really g o o d feeling of knowing something has clicked into place too. Trust me.  And go for it!

No comments: