A Mom's blog about wellness, self-growth, natural living, following passions, spirituality, working from home and family travel. Reviews too!

Friday

Confessions of a card sender

My Mom is a saver.

Last year she gave me a box with tons of pictures I drew and cards I made her when I was young! So sweet and fun to look through with my own children, especially my daughter who also makes me cards all the time.
My daughter leaves them on my pillow at night, hidden under my blankets or just on the counter for me to find when she's at school. I , of course, have left her ( and my sons) many ,many cards as well.

Sometimes it's just nice to come home to a beautiful and thoughtful card. Always actually.

Come to think of it, there were many years when I sent cards ALL THE TIME to my local friends. Gosh, if some of them had saved all the cards I sent as a teen and especially in my early 20's, we could build a nice big house with them!

Not really funny, but guess I had to tell my BFF's all the time how I loved being BFF's! Why not?

And don't even get me started on the cards I sent to boyfriends.....full writing on both sides ( and even the back)  and they weren't exactly thrilled to have to read all that I'm sure. ha!

So last year I joined SendOutCards. No, this is not a post to sell YOU anything. Just had to mention how nice it is to be part of a company who's mission statement is about following through on promptings. And I just like to share whne I find a great thing!  You know that feeling of
 " I should send a card"....well, that's how SendOutCards got started.

So now I don't have to run to the store, keep stock on hand and worse, search for a stamp which I was ALWAYS out of. Always.

I still send cards often and especially to family. I love making custom cards, like the one here, with my kid's pictures. My Mom usually frames them!

Guess my little point is, if you are thinking of someone....if you miss someone....if you love someone...if you are proud of someone.....send them a card! It's always appreciated and guess what? I'll bet YOU will feel as happy sending it, as the receiver feels getting it.


"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."~ Maya Angelou 

No comments: