A Mom's blog about wellness, self-growth, natural living, following passions, spirituality, working from home and family travel. Reviews too!

Friday

Ways to love the moment in Virginia Beach! ( I DID!!)


Virginia Beach is America's friendly family beach and boardwalk and they offer many reasons to LOVE THE MOMENT IN VIRGINIA BEACH!

The coastal charm, pristine beaches and water water everywhere make it a perfect Spring or Summer vacation destination for families.

As an avid traveler and coast lover, I've had the pleasure of visiting VA beach 3 times and each time it gets better and better. 

The last time was my ultimate favorite, having my 3 kids with me and 6 days of unscheduled fun in the sun.  There's a ton of family activities  and places to explore. We always started our day with a walk or bike ride on the boardwalk . Bike rental shops are numerous and there are surreys that hold up to 5 family members. We rented one on 2 different occasions and this was a highlight of my kid's days.

Stop along at any of the wonderful restaurants, many with outdoor seating, and grab a great breakfast or lunch and  then settle into the soft sand for a few hours of frolicking and splashing or try your hand at sandcastle building. 

Staying right on the beach allows you to run up to your room anytime, though there are wonderful hotels in town only a short walk away as well.
We visited the Virginia Beach Aquarium which was awesome and had the best 4d movie about coral reefs ! It was a fabulous way for us  to chill out on a hot day . The kids played and we explored for a few hours and we all enjoyed the aquarium thoroughly. Another day, we ventured out to the nearby Busch Gardens and had a blast on all the rides.

The whole coastal experience of Virginia Beach is one you won't soon forget.  My kids still talk about their week in VA beach and I'm planning another drive there this summer.  It's simply a gorgeous ocean playground that offers an awesome escape, a break from cooking and housework and good clean family fun.

The VA beach culinary experience is fabulous with fresh seafood, salads and family friendly menu's in abundance. Watching the sunset while dining al fresco was my most memorable night. I have a vivid picture in my head of my kids bathed in the glow of the sunset, with flushed faces from the excitement  and pink noses from the sun, and I remember that feeling that just made my heart burst with love. What is it about the salty fresh air that just makes us slow down and appreciate life to the fullest?

After sunset , we strolled along the boardwalk just reveling in each other's company and the delicious salty air. We grabbed an ice cream, browsed the terrific shops along the main street and even hit up some rides at the amusement park!  Got splashed by the water ride and stayed up way to late, having way too much fun. Street performers had my children mesmerized. All in all, I'd have to say it was one of the best nights we've ever had, Anywhere.

What else is there to do?



Try your luck at some fishing on the pier or go crabbing in the Chesapeake Bay. Go shopping or have a picnic. Take a military or history tour. From the mini golf course, to whale watching cruises, to a great water park, it's all right there within a short walk or drive and definitely offers something for everyone. How about some Beach Street USA? THE BEST!!! 

Now that my kids are older, we're going to check out the hiking at First Landing State Park and climb to the top of the Old Cape Henry Lighthouse. Maybe kayak and look for a pod of dolphins ( my daughter would be thrilled beyond words if we see them ! )

Maybe we'll even get brave enough to try a parasailing adventure or some surf lessons!

Surrounding yourself in the pristine beauty of the ocean and the bay is just what people need to escape from it all and from experience, I can say that Virginia beach is the ultimate escape that is not far away yet a world away. Live the life , yes, indeed, I  think I will ! 

Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Virginia Beach blogging program. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”

No comments: