A Mom's blog about wellness, self-growth, natural living, following passions, spirituality, working from home and family travel. Reviews too!

Tuesday

Imagine if they gave up?


I feel like I spend every minute of the day teaching my kids something, or telling them what to do, or what NOT to do.
 But definitely some lessons are well served to take through life. Like to not ever give up on a dream.
There's always going to be nay-sayers so I really try to let them know that if it's IMPORTANT to them, don't let anyone get in the way.  And to always be confident in their choices, listen to their hearts and know that they can succeed. This world can be crushing if you don't have confidence.

Some  examples kids may relate to include:
Harry Potter fans may be interested to learn that author J.K Rowling was rejected by 12 publishers before she was accepted by one. I'm simply amazed at this one since I've read a few of the books, and of course, have seen a few moives too. Glad she went for that LUCKY 13th!
Walt Disney was fired by his news editors who though he lacked imagination. HAHA -Imagine that?!  Perhaps he'd never have drawn that famous mouse if he believed them. But a confident man he was.
Got chicken?  Colonel Sanders was rejected hundreds of times before he found someone who believed in his dream and now there are 110,000 KFC'S in 80 countries around the world. I
Dr. Seuss himself was rejected 27 times for his first book. Imagine that, cat in the hat!

Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hanson were rejected 130 times but they persisted and their first book "Chicken Soup For the Soul" was eventually accepted and went on to sell 8 million copies and spawn a series of many other best sellers. 8 million isn't chump change. And I LOVE Jack's other books too. Highly recommend them as well as some other amazing books on self growth.
One of my favorite quotes is from basketball legend Michael Jordan. He says  " I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost more than 100 times. 26 times I've been trusted to take the winning shot and I missed. I have failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed" . This is a  HUGE HUGE lesson to remember for all of us to remember.
Failure is  such part of growth and not an enjoyable thing for me to watch my kids fail in anything. But if I remember that it will only help them grow, then maybe I can not get too affected by it. 

No comments: