A Mom's blog about wellness, self-growth, natural living, following passions, spirituality, working from home and family travel. Reviews too!

Wednesday

The world wide web -You've come a long way baby! !

Years ago going on the Internet was like going into a library-you had all the reading  and viewing resources you wanted but were alone, for the most part.

Then the chat rooms came and you could converse with total strangers. I met a few real psycho maniacs this way.

Then facebook comes along. Now when I sign on,  it's like walking into a party with my  friends and family- some grumpy, some complainers, some always happy folks,  some poking at you, some show offs....

But many wonderful people that I can now spend part of my day with. That's what I like about Facebook. I'm never alone, even when I'm home or at a hotel. Even late night when I wouldn't dare call anyone.

We can "check In "and let our 867 friends know exactly where we are having dinner, for better or for worse. We can quote our kid without picking up the phone to call Mom and say "Guess what Kevin just said"? I do that all the time ( Guess I'm one of the show-offs, sorry!)

What will the web offer in the years to come? I can only imagine.....seriously, it's even a bit scary to think of.

2 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

I know what you mean! Used to be, video calls were something that existed in Sci-fi movies... now we Skype!!

Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
Have a nice day!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Yes! It's such a bizarre place.