A Mom's blog about wellness, self-growth, natural living, following passions, spirituality, working from home and family travel. Reviews too!

Wednesday

Fight colds with ACV

So it seems that every facebook status update I read this last week was about someone being sick.  Now I have a lovely little cold too. I'm sure I caught it from my kids, not facebook, but you never know.

Letting a cold run it's course is always best, rather than taking  too many meds.

I'm drinking a hot "toddy" made with Apple Cider Vinegar, honey, cinnamon, lemon and water. It's supposed to help alkalize the body as well as kill those nasties. Let me make this clear: It's NOT a flavor I like and I don't pretend to enjoy it. But the benefits of apple cider vinegar used since Hippocrates, are supposed to be numerous. Honey helps kill germs. And cinnamon is an anti-oxident.  I use Braggs which you can get at most stores, all health food stores or online at Vitacost.

So here's the recipe . If you're sick or feel a cold coming on, give it a try.

Boil  about 6-8 ounces filtered or purified water
Pour into a mug in which you've mixed a 2 teaspoons of honey, a few drops of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and about 1 tablespoon of Braggs ACV( don't forget to shake it well). Mix well.

Let cool a few minutes and sip until done.

Feel better! Let me know how it works for you

1 comment:

alicegetsfit said...

I'll have to try that remedy but at a risk LOL. 2 of daughters acted like I was sending them to the electric chair the last time I gave them some ACV. They're not too keen on aloe vera either.