A Mom's blog about wellness, self-growth, natural living, following passions, spirituality, working from home and family travel. Reviews too!

Wednesday

Smart and fast changes to get out of the winter rut

It's very easy to fall into a rut.Especially in the cold indoor days of Winter.  I do it ALL the time and really have to catch myself and consicously make different choices. Whether that's a tiny little change or a big one, it's fun to do. Here's a few quick ideas to break some habits or just add some food for thought with somenew ideas to try.

Exercise switch up: If you walk, try lifting weights instead. No, you won't get bulky :-)
If you do yoga, try kickboxing once a week.

In the Winter, sleep is more important than ever. Try going to sleep 30 minutes earlier without your phone. Ok, at least 2 times a week OK?  Beauty sleep rocks

Instead of texting or facebook messaging, send a real greeting card to make someone's day. They WILL appreciate it

Swap a peck on the cheek when your kids get home from school for a big hug.That's my new thing- trying to make sure I hug each kid a minimum of 10 times a day. Not always easy as they grow and get busy on their own but OH SO important.

Re-paint a room in your house for a spruce up! Maybe grab some new pillows or a new wall pic too. 


Swap out the every day lunch you eat ( sandwich?) for a salad and new type of soup.Try a new veggie once a week when you shop.  

Swap elevators for stairs for more exercise in the day. Every time.

Swap your diet soda for water or green tea. Me, I'm water , can't get into the tea, but hey, no more soda at least.


Go to the library and get a stack of books-new style, new genre, or self help/motivational. 

Shop at a new mall or new grocery store for a change.

What other little things can you do to break up your routines or your home? 




2 comments:

Jennifer Lassiter said...

I like to try new recipes that are healthy and kid friendly..I have 3 picky eaters so this can be a challenge. Sometimes I will change up my exercise routine too. I get bored easily...lol.

Debra Ferrie said...

I have picky eaters too, so I know it's a challenge but I usually end up with ONE who likes the new food! I get bored easily too, so always switching things up. Thanks for commenting!