A Mom's blog about wellness, self-growth, natural living, following passions, spirituality, working from home and family travel. Reviews too!

Thursday

Soccer Mom? Damn right! These are the days

Soccer mom. We've all heard that expression. Yet sometimes there's a little smirk when it's said. Oddly. Because after many many years on the soccer field, you can call me a soccer Mom all you want but to me, it's just being a Mom.

The ( most silly) definition of soccer Mom is:

a middle-class suburban mother who spends a great deal of time taking her children to play soccer or engage in other activities.

Really? That's just about EVERY MOM I KNOW! So why do they call it soccer Mom? I'll never know. Sorry baseball mom, lacrosse mom, field hockey mom, track and field mom, football mom and hockey mom. oh, and "other activity"mom too.

I've been involved in soccer with my kids for 7 years now and have 2 sons who play for travel 
teams and the older one also plays for school.

I find NOTHING as exciting as sitting on the sidelines-sweating or freezing my butt off- and watching them play. I don't yell and I'm not a crazed fan.I simply ENJOY.

I love watching them work hard, play hard, enjoy themselves, and interact with team mates.

I love seeing them grow every single year, as a player and how strive to be better each game!

I honestly never thought I'd be so involved with sports. I didn't grow up playing any sports, and my brothers didn't play much, except in the streets.

But wow! Man, this is good stuff. These are the years I will cherish forever and miss like mad one day. These ARE the days my friends!
Luckily, they have many more years of playing so soccer will stay part of this family for years and years.

If your kids play ANY SPORT, I highly recommend you read this article.After all, you don't want to be a "nightmare sports parent", do you?

After every game , I make sure I tell my kids "I loved watching you play today"

Because I did.
  

No comments: